Monday, November 1, 2010

Eating... the Angel Way: Welcome!

Eating... the Angel Way: Welcome!

Annie and Karen are writing a book about Eating... the Angel Way, and I have agreed to follow the guidelines and share my experiences.

Let me start by saying that I have been following the guidelines for several months now... in theory. Just like I'm thinking seriously about going to the gym I paid a boatload of money to join last July. And so, this is, for me, a restart sort of. I'm starting at the beginning... again. Isn't that cool?

Today, tomorrow, and the next day, I will keep track of my eating. I will probably follow the guidelines even though it's not part of the first step because I usually do when I actually write stuff down.

I'll say this is going to be interesting because I'm in a really really really crappy place right now and all I want to do is crawl in bed with a pint of Chunky Monkey and a large bag of peanut m&ms. I'm not going to do that because there are so damn many people in my house I'd probably have to share, so what's the point?

But Eating... the Angel Way is not something we can only do when we feel really perky. Right now, for me to acknowledge that I want the Chunky Monkey and peanut m&ms is a pretty good step, I think. I suppose I ought to think about what it is I really want. What food will make me feel really good. What things other than food can help me deal with my very very crappy mood. Maybe I should right a children's book: "Mommy is in a crappy mood and I better not eat her peanut M&Ms." I think that might help.

We'll see.

No comments: