Saturday, June 6, 2009

June Rainbow Challenge



Annie has issued a challenge for June:
June Rainbow Challenge how many can YOU eat? here in the northern hemisphere, summer's bounty is beginning. the Angels suggest (and i challenge) everyone to see how many complete rainbows (at least one serving each of a red, orange, yellow, green and blue/purple food) we can all eat in a day. the most i've ever done managed is three - and that includes herbs, spices and teas. send me a note or drop me a comment and let me know you want to play. then, just keep track of how many rainbows you're eating. at the end of the month, the person with the most rainbows will win an Angel-approved prize! happy eating!
I have spent the first week of June at the beach in Hilton Head, SC. Although I have eaten lots and lots of fruit and even a couple of veggies, I didn't really keep track for the first couple of days. And with the challenge of feeding a condo full of people with divergent tastes (10 including two babies), I haven't been able to eat my favorites. It's one thing to fix my husband and two at home sons steamed squash, zucchini, carrots, & onions every other day, but when we add my Dad, niece, other son & daughter-in-law --- well, what can I say? And I didn't want to try to cook too much this vacation.

Toward that goal, we loaded up on fruits which we set out on the counter. Of course we had Romaine lettuce and tomato for the deli sandwiches. We added a little corn on the cob, green beans, new potatoes, and broccoli. I guess it wasn't a complete desert.

And no one can complain about the activity and communing with nature. The kids went from the pool to the beach and back all day long. Bob and I enjoyed a couple of long walks on the beach, with and without the children. I built two sand castles. They weren't record setters, but the were there.


So for this whole week, I think I've had six rainbows. They were mostly fruit, but who's complaining?





2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm doing fairly well with the rainbows. somedays i am one color shy of a full rainbow. (and somedays i'm one card shy of a full deck! well, most days and many cards shy! LOL!)

i'm glad you enjoyed your vacation.

Unknown said...

no complaints here!!!! i was wondering if you'd be interested in writing a five or six paragraph summary of your experience with eating the angel way... the book is coming really well and i would love to include quotes from people who've tried and worked with the guidelines. if you wouldn't mind, i would be happy to use any name you wanted (Kathy... SC) or something like that - you can pick the name!! please let me know if you'd be interested... ty so much... xox.... annie