Sunday, June 28, 2009

One step forward, two steps back

Yesterday, I started the day with a rainbow: cottage cheese with red strawberry, orange nectarine, yellow banana, green grapes, and purple plum. It was delicious and kept me happy for most of the day.

I had bits of fruit and veggies through out the day. If I keep them ready and on the top shelf of the refrigerator, I eat them.

For dinner I had chicken with tzatziki sauce, modified from a recipe I got at Cinnamon, Spice, & Everything Nice. Since I didn't want to go shopping again, I served it over rice instead of in a pita. And I broiled it in the oven, along with squash. The sauce is great, and is now my official salad dressing. It has cucumbers and Greek yogurt, so my dressing has protein. YAY! The salad was grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, romaine lettuce, green pepper, cucumber, radicchio. (Yellow from squash --- another rainbow plus lots of green.)

I fixed my plate and ate half of it. I was feeling smug right up to the point I took a box of cookies to bed with me. Don't ask me what that's about. I haven't figured it out yet.

I have to remember that it's not just eating a rainbow. That's step one. I also have to choose good protein and not choose the crappy brown stuff. I mean, the cookies weren't even homemade. What happened to don't eat anything that doesn't taste really good?
Oh Well.

Today I try again, and it should be easier since I finished the cookies and the ice cream. (Forgot to mention the ice cream.) I may walk a little this morning. It's only about 95 now. Moving on... moving on...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sometimes when we are in the process of changing, we slip backwards into old habits because they are old HABITS. its important to remember you have the choice. and hey, you did GREAT the rest of the day... don't beat yourself up over the cookies and the ice cream. two rainbows n one day is GREAT! so you had some extra brown food... the Angels still love you and so should you.

see if you can count up how many SERVINGS of brown foods you ate yesterday - include the cookies - and dont beat yourself up about it. just COUNT them and remember... today or tomorrow you can choose to eat LESS not NONE!! xox.... annie