Thursday, April 23, 2009

The journal

OK, I got a cute little notebook for my food list. It's about three inches square with graph paper inside it. Cool.

And I've written what I've eaten for the last two days. Not so cool. Keebler cookies play a large role. They aren't even very good. Why waste calories on nasty cookies?

And, in case you thought there was ANY hope, this was lunch (from Lizard's Thicket):
  • chicken fried steak
  • mac & cheese casserole (the kind baked with eggs and extra butter)
  • squash casserole (the kind baked with cheese, eggs, and extra butter)
  • green beans (cooked with pork)
  • corn bread (extra butter)
  • sweet tea

I usually drink unsweetened tea, but if you ask for unsweetened tea at a place like Lizard's Thicket, it is sooo nasty it might as well be instant. The only restaurant that has good unsweetened tea around here is the Indian restaurant in 5-points. They make their tea with cloves and other spices so it almost tastes sweet. I need to go there next week...

I'm going to work on the meditation part. I've grabbed a mandala from coloring castle. This idea/exercise is thanks to Dina. I don't think I'll fall asleep while coloring.

No comments: