Sunday, February 1, 2009

Confessions

This week sucked in the eating right department. I ate fast food breakfasts, often opting for the biscuit instead of the burrito. I ate fast food cheese burgers, chicken sandwiches and chicken fingers. My veggies were lettuce (sort of), tomatoes, and nibbles from a wilted bag of broccoli, carrots & cauliflower. I feel like a tub of lard. Trans fats and everything.

I'd like to say it will be better next week, but the down-spiral was set off by a broken stove and the rush of tax season. That isn't going to change this week. The stove was a glass-top. I love glass top, but (who knew?) if they break the repairmen don't like to mess with it. The replacement unit costs three or four hundred dollars. Mine is a Frigidaire, and the only guy who would think about fixing glass-tops in general doesn't do Frigidaire.

Soooooo... I can get a new stove for about 5 or 6 hundred dollars. We can sort of afford that right now (tax season = more hours = more money) but I don't know when we'll go look. Maybe today between church, producing last minute W2s, doing end of month reports and going back to the church for my Inquirer's Class.

In the mean time, poptarts and tea (cause I'm out of coffee.) And off to face the day.

No comments: