Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Update: AWE Week 2 day 4

Usually when I don't keep up with the healthy eating blog, it's because I've been pigging out on fast food and ice cream. Not this time. I'm eating well! Really. I've been eating the angel way for about a week and a half now. I think I've managed at least one rainbow each day & I'm enjoying lean protein with each meal.

What makes this exceptional is that I am swamped with work. Since last Wednesday, I have worked over 50 hours in the regular office alone. In addition, I've put in at least 8 hours (probably more) at the church. This is in addition to family, Carolina School for Inquiry board (although I cut the meeting for the first time in two years), friends, and cats. So there has been little or no time to blog about it.

In some ways, "testing" the angel way of eating during tax season is unfair. This is the most stressful time of the year. I have a low grade headache all of the time. I am short-tempered and sensitive. I quit my job on a daily basis. However, it is amazing to me that I feel so much better than I usually do at this time. Better than I usually feel at a less stressful time. I am not hungry, but I am not eating a lot. I am able to drive past a dozen or so fast food restaurants on the way to work with only a little twinge of a voice whining, "But I really NEEEEEED a steak egg & cheese biscuit!!!!" I don't even want any of the fast food lunch offerings. If I forget to bring lunch (or run out of the stock in the office) I eat Wendy's chili and a side salad. But I'd rather have the pretty salad I bring from home, with tuna (admittedly canned) or chicken.

I haven't tried to eat less, but I've lost about ten pounds. It's probably not really ten pounds. It's probably a combination of a perverse scale, water weight, and real weight loss. But I feel better, my skin looks better, and even with the massive amount of stress, I feel better.

Thanks, Annie & the Angels.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is really awesome. I've been trying to follow the angel way to. I have a hard time fitting yellow in - I've finally got the blue down with blueberries, prunes, beets and purple(red) onions. Glad it's helping you get through tax season.