Wednesday, February 4, 2009

writers and witches, and words...oh my!: eating the angel way, part seven redux

I mentioned eating the angel way earlier. I also mentioned that I have been giving any and all angels fits this week. It's tax season. My stove broke. I didn't feel like eating anything other than the Hardee's omelet cardiac arrest biscuit with potatoes. Leave me alone! I'm tired!

Which, of course, is the problem. We don't want to eat well when we are stressed and busy and running around like headless poultry (mmmm... a fried chicken sandwich...) Sorry, I'm back. In the short run, grease in the form of butter, grease, processed cheese food, mayonnaise, etc. is very soothing. In the long run, aside from feeling like you need to wash your face every five minutes, you feel cruddy.

I know that I need to eat better to feel better. I know that I like fruit and vegetables, and if they are easy to get to, and haven't dissolved into a pile of slime in the fridge, I want to eat them. I know I like low-fat protein that isn't deep fried (really, it can be done.) It's just that right now...

Which is why, when Annie said she needed guinea pigs volunteers to try out the angel way of eating for three weeks and give her cool quotes for her book, I said, "Hell no" "Hey that sounds like a great idea. Count me in."

Soooooo.... starting Sunday, I will be making my angels happy for three whole weeks. Really.

What I have working against me (see above):
  • orneriness
  • tax season
  • an addiction to Hardee's biscuits even though the commercials suck
  • tax season
  • sleep deprivation
  • the second job at the church
  • the school & it's needs (not so much these days, thank God & Victoria)
  • tax season

What I have going for me:

  • orneriness
  • a full kitchen at work (no stove, but a full sized fridge, microwave, & toaster)
  • quiet desperation
  • the support of friends and family in real life, and I hope, in the blogosphere.

For more information about Eating the Angel Way, to read a cool blog, check out:


writers and witches, and words...oh my!: eating the angel way, part seven redux

And wish me luck.

No comments: